Who Needs Class When You Have Volume ?
What is an entrepreneur ?
Well, appart from living day to day on packet noodles or operating a business un extreme uncertainty - I think this pretty much sums it up.
Network as a Service
1. DDos attacks - High flying and low flying breaches are getting more and more frequent - last week alone, ANZ Bank and HSBC Bank websites and ATM’s were took out… and one Telco that had a DDoS attack from their own customer !…
2. Random Drug Tests…..Given the nature of security and sensitivities around secure data centre facilities, The AFP, ASIO and other law enforcement agencies are contemplating random drug tests
3. Telstra International may very well lose a head this week or next - Rumour has it one HK based exec is about to leave .. some pretty hard ground and high targets were set by his predecessor . Like Duncan Ballantyne from the BBC show Dragons Den says so frequently, “For that reason, I’m oooot”
4. SPAM - Did you know that 97% of email traffic on one of the top two telco’s network is SPAM? apparently a true fact, the average email spam on a Telco’s network is 75-80% but this one is seen as an ISP by spammers offshore and not seen as a telco. Hence the high amount.
5. “The Rise of Monitoring: Achieving 100% Realtime Trade Flow Visibility” If you are in FX, Equities, an exchange, broker, trader, buy side, sell side, you need to be on this call.. it could change your life as you know it ! …..keep an eye out for a 1st November WEBCAST. Invitations should go out this week.
If you don’t get one, and are interested in attending this panel discussion, contact me via www.mobsource.com website and ill send you the details.
1. NTT……On top of Frontline, Di Data and Harbour MSP, will NTT buy Leighton’s in Australia as well…? - if you cant be good at building your own…buy one.. don’t forget, Leighton’s own a cloud company called Infoplex which do a lot of business with CWW
2. Will Vodafone GAZUMP them and buy Leighton’s AND AAPT ? After buying Cable&Wireless Worldwide, and Telstra Clear in NZ, V are on the hunt for ways to carry their ever growing mobile data traffic..
3. WTF !..WTR ! What’s the reason…..reason for outage on the Macquarie corporate cloud meltdown - it left almost 100 customers off line for almost 2 days.. if it was a SAN issue why? in less than 1 quarter, 3 data centres have have outages and security issues, the only thing they all have in common, is the lack of detail coming out ..maybe they need to purchase some root cause and network history tools..! - this is 2012… where we all have ZERO TOLERANCE FOR DIGITAL FAILURE..
4. ABC iView streaming on iOS mobile devices – iPads, iPhones and iPods – will overtake streaming via the web this week. Streaming on iOS represented 45.2% of total iView plans, versus 45.1% via the iView website.
5. Look out for some updates on the ASIC tender for market monitoring - do they really know what is going on ?
Big week with mobsource NaaS connecting into New York, Singapore and London - Network as a Service
Notice this week, how much value or difference, being one of the 1 billion facebook users will add to your life… chances are, about as much as watching a Romney Obama debate.
- RIM, NOKIA NORTEL, WANG,…….is HP next? looks like they are having their KODAK moment..320,000 employees and going with a hardware business model.. …HMMMM…. I think APPLE have that market covered… are HP in trouble?
- The AISA National Conference 2012 will be held on Tuesday 16 October at the Sydney Convention Centre. This year’s exciting new theme is “Show Me the Money”.. discussions on the serious amount of money in stolen assets and costs of recovery - over $4.6 billion in Australia alone… WOW! - as well as the damaging impact of cybercrime on e-commerce. Failing that, you can join the FIX protocol group of capital markets bods on the same day (16th) and learn about the red headed stepchild of the markets - THE END of High Frequency Traders as we know it?
- Keep an eye on DATA Centres in Sydney - Not how many people get stuck in the security gates trying to get in, but cost… how many more telco/resellers can you find selling racks in DC’s cheaper .. wait for it…. than the third party reseller ….. .who bought it wholesale ……from the owners !! - erm…thats 3rd hand and still cheaper… how do they do that? ..ZERO MARGIN……!! Just as well one DC in Sydney is about to add another 8000 racks to the market..
- News on a new mobsource client using (NaaS) Network as a Service between Sydney and New York - Now that is worth watching.. Disruptive, clever and totally game changing.
- Reaction from the telco world after Tagare cable meeting disappointment in the middle east. Can a Telco really walk past millions of dollars in savings in this climate?
- How many more times do we need to hear “Hack” before we change our ways? - As more Australian data centres, universities and critical infrastructure businesses get hacked when will “response and root cause ” begins to mean more than prevention and detection… ?
- Who will buy Nextgen? iinet TPG or metronode or…..mobsource.com?.. will that Asia cable to Singapore ever get built?
- Will Telstra make its numbers to the ASX after sooooooooo much capex was frozen this week?
- STOP»>Don’t open it…!!! “UPS-Delivery-Confirmation-Alert_Octobr-2012.zip” or anything else that looks remotely Phishy …….its bad !
mobsource.com - solving problems the others ignore
ps. on a personal note - i missed an R.I.P anniversary to my little boy who died late July 2010… Poor bosh, we miss you.